Wednesday, June 17, 2009

If you've read my blog over the past few months the lack of posts and overall lack of mileage make it fairly clear that the itch to run just hasn't been there. Lately, I've been feeling more itchy. It doesn't mean I'm putting in 60 mile weeks but definitely getting out there more consistently and perusing other's blogs and running websites more often.

I also moved my running log from an excel file on my work computer to Buckeye Outdoors. The excel file just wasn't getting it done because I rarely bring my work computer home anymore. I'd never remember to log my run at work, a week would pass and I'd quickly forget. On the website I can log at any computer and it also captures biking and swimming, something this fancy excel spreadsheet wasn't setup to do.

So my new log currently contains a swim on Saturday with Heather. Maybe a 1/2 mile, I wasn't to into it and it should barely count as a workout. In fact I spent the last 15 minutes relaxing in the hot tub while Heather finished her swim.

Monday was a late evening, after dinner run. When I first started running these late runs were the lions share of my miles but this is the first in a long while. A nearly 5 mile jaunt around Chestnut Hill on a cool evening. Something about heading out 2 hours after dinner always makes for a good run.

Yesterday I went a for a run on some of my favorite trails. Not surprisingly there was an abundance of mud which had me dancing around the edges of the quagmire as not to dirty my filthy stinky running shoes. I worked in a several serious hills but kept the pace relaxed. About 6.5 miles in 53 minutes.

No comments: