Monday, June 29, 2009

It seems like a fog over my running has lifted. I really had not been enjoying it as much as in the past but I didn't realize it. Starting some time a couple weeks ago things just began to improve, I feel faster, fitter and looking to continue my runs instead of waiting for them to end. I don't think I am really running much faster but I do feel smoother, just cruising along, a feeling that has escaped me for a few months.

I can't pinpoint a cause, my diet is the same, my schedule is very similar. Perhaps the bad memory from that horrible marathon has finally left, or maybe it was switching back to my favorite running sneakers after trying a new style for all of this year, it could even be the hotter weather. Whatever it is I'll take it.

Last week I logged 38 miles, the most in a few months and despite the extra mileage a nagging pain in my left hip as nearly gone away. (I am chalking that one up to the new sneakers). Nearly every mile was run in the park and with the exception of a 12.5 miler on Sunday, all the runs were on very hilly courses. I also got in a rushed 45 minute mountain bike ride on Friday.

This week it will be Statistics class Mon-Tues-Wed night and then my take home final all day Thursday. It probably won't leave much time to run but after this week I am free from school for nearly 2.5 month. Nice!

1 comment:

Jah said...

Hey Johnny,
Good to hear you're enjoying yourself. The wissahickon route that I used to run had plenty of creeks and the river to give the pooches a chance to cool off. Jealous that you have the trail so close. Just finished a really fun adventure race (no swimming) - 11 miles mtn bike and 3 mile run.
How's Heather feeling? How many months now?

Talk to you soon,

John