Sunday, July 05, 2009

It was a beautiful holiday weekend to wrap up another relatively decent week of running. Despite a slow start to the week and bagging my Saturday run to hang with the family at the Jersey shore I was still able to run 37 miles. This included a longish run of about 12.5 miles today out to my old house and back. I like stopping by the old place to see what the new owner has done, which is a lot. It looks great, to bad I didn't have the time or the money to do all this stuff while I was there.

The rest of the week.

Mon - 3 easy miles with Boomer after class.

Tues - Off

Wed - Somewhere around 4.5 miles over lunch at work. Easy miles with a few tough hills tossed in.

Thurs - 8.8 miles on another very hilly loop through the park. I worked my ass off on this one and finished strong straight to my front door.

Friday - about 8.5 miles again on the trails but at a much easier pace.

On the run today I was mulling over what to train for over the summer. I am definitely running the Philly distance run on Sept 20th and that makes a good goal race for two reasons. I can shoot for a half marathon PR which is currently 1:24:34. Also, if I train well and have a good race I may be able to qualify for the NYC Marathon. This means breaking 1:23, a tall order for my current fitness but I think I was in shape for this last year and if I do things right I might be able to get there again. Now I just need a plan, then to run all the miles, and then score great weather on race day, and then run a PR by 1 minute 35 seconds or better then 7 seconds a mile.

It could be an interesting summer.

No comments: