Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I woke up this morning and the breeze coming in the window was chilly. Do you know how many times I've described a July morning in Philly as chilly? This may be the first. What a beautiful summer. All this great weather is making running that much easier as well.

Last Friday we went to a local high school track at lunch for a workout. There were six of us all at different paces but the plan was to run 5x400 with 200 recovery. I just wanted to break 90 seconds for each rep. I forgot my running watch and was forced to use my normal, stainless steel watch. It does have a stopwatch function and needless to say it wasn't so easy to use on the track. I was able to split 3 of the laps and they were between 1:23 and 1:27. A little faster then expected, especially for reps under the full noon sun. I finished with 6x400 workout and around 7 miles.

Saturday I went out for a hard mountain bike ride, at 1hr 45 min it was my longest ride of the year. I tried to take it easy knowing I'd be out there for a while but I have a hard time doing that on the bike, it is just a lot more fun going fast.

Sunday I joined Deirdre for trip up and down the length of Forbidden Drive. One of those runs where your legs are tired but it still feels good. We chatted the entire way and before I knew it we were done. 13.5 miles in 1:45.

And finally, last night I went with Heather to the LA fitness for a swim. Heather is very much pregnant and swimming is her final outlet for a good workout. I was teasing her that at 34 weeks pregnant I can finally swim as fast as her. I never really got into the groove last night but none the less kept moving up and down the pool for around 45 minutes.

No comments: