Friday, July 31, 2009

I deluded myself into thinking that the weather really wasn't too hot or humid as I made my way into the Wissahickon yesterday morning to repeat the workout I did last Thursday. By the time I had finished 3 miles at 6:20 pace, reality had set in in the form of a sweat drenched shirt and shorts. It really was thick out there and despite the more difficult conditions and the fact that my 3 mile spilt was slightly slower, I do think that overall the workout was an improvement over last week. I just felt stronger through the tempo portion, the 2 x 800 and the 4 x 100 strides at the finish. This plan might actually be working. At least at getting my body used to running intervals. Unfortunately I am wavering on my ability to run the sub 1:23 goal in the half but I can't make any decision on that just yet. Especially with the hot weather. 8 miles in 1:01

I also ran recovery miles in the park on Wednesday evening. I've been good about keeping these easy days slow. For one, I have more discipline to keep the pace easy and save it for the harder days and two, I really don't feel like going any faster. 4.5 miles in 37 minutes.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Just remember, my half marathon PR was set when Silas was 8 months old. That bodes well for Caesar Rodney, so I hope you've got a good stroller picked out.