Thursday, June 02, 2011

All day I was dreading the run home. I could of taken the bus but I might not be able run Thursday and Friday so I had to run right? Even as I was getting changed in the handicapped bathroom stall I still wasn't sure I was gonna go through with it. But before you know it I was popping open the door to the back alley behind my building and heading down to the Olympic Structure park for my run home.

The dread was mostly due to the incredibly sore calves I have from Monday's workout. Sore to the touch, tight after sitting and I just didn't think they would be up for 6.5 miles home. I was wrong. I quickly settled into the faster end of easy pace and and old G. Love album on the iPhone. The weather was overcast but dry and dare I say it, almost humid. I think an afternoon in Philly would recalibrate my definition of humid but today, for Seattle, it was humid.

My run home takes me through the Interbay section of Seattle which is composed mainly of fishing industry, a huge bus parking lot and an enormous train yard. I run along this train yard for at least a mile and get an up close and personal look at the locomotives and all jockeying involved in getting these trains set. I can only imagine the logistics. Track after track of different train cars and scores of locomotives. I'd like to work there for a day just to get a better idea of how it works.

51 minutes which is relatively fast for my slog home.

1 comment:

Lee said...

We did a run up the cut on Tuesday and it was 95 degrees out with high humidity. The sweat was stinging my eyes, my heart was pounding, and I couldn't seem to catch my breath. I looked like I had just gone for a swim. And it's only May...