Monday, June 04, 2007

After a few to many beers on Saturday night I wasn't feeling a run Sunday morning. Instead of a run, I ran some errands and waited for my head to clear. Unfortunately this meant I would be running in the rain.

I didn't have a mileage goal in mind mind when I hit Forbidden Drive, was just going to take what my body felt like doing. The rain started out light, I actually don't mind running in the rain when it was warm out side, it defintiely beats 85 and humid. As the run progressed the rain incereased to a full downpour that waned at times but never really let up.

I felt better than expected and decided to run 11 miles and crossed the creek to head back on some trails when I got to the covered bridge. The trails are great in a downpour. Muddy puddles, rain laden tree branches at every turn, swollen streams and a constant worry that I am going to slip on the slick rocks. I was enjoying every minute of it.

I eventually made my way back onto Forbidden Drive for the final 4 miles home. On the way I passed at least a dozen frogs that were brought out by the heavy rain. 11 miles in 1hr 26min.

For the week, 47 miles running and 15 miles on my bike.

No comments: