Sunday, March 16, 2008

Back to Work

I'm back from an absolutely fantastic trip to Spain. Heather and followed Rick Steve's guide book for a majority of the trip and it rarely led us wrong. We jumped from city to city, saw the sites, drank spanish wine, and ate tapas. The weather was great and we even managed to get a run in Seville, on what is their equivalent of Kelly Drive. I might have some pictures up on the blog in the future but it is more likely that I will never get around to posting them. For now I am just trying to work back into the routine of a busy life.

We arrived home Sunday afternoon around 4:30 pm and Heather and I were running by 5:15 on Forbidden Drive. 6 Easy miles in 48 minutes.

Last night I decided to jump right back into things and set out on a tempo run. 2.5 mile warmup on Forbidden Drive to Northwestern Avenue and then 3.5 - 4 miles somewhere around 6:15-6:20 pace. This tempo workout didn't go as smoothly as my last couple which seemed less like workout and more like fun. After miles of walking last week my legs were a little shocked to be moving this quickly and they let me know it. The last couple miles miles home were vey slow. 8.8 miles in 1:03

1 comment:

ryandavid said...

Welcome back, John. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.