Thursday, March 19, 2009

As usual this final week of taper before has me feeling completely out of shape to run a good race. I've only run twice, 5 on Tuesday and a 30 minutes this morning, this week. I am debating a short run (20-minutes) tomorrow morning if only for the little mental boost I will get from getting out there.

It is finally here and I am finding myself more nervous than I expected. I think it has to do with traveling to the race. When I race in Philly, that feeling of a big event just isn't there. Add to the travel meeting up with Ian and Seebo along with a few others makes it even more of an event. Rolling out of bed to run a marathon in Philly has it's merits but for me I think traveling to a race is better. Regardless of the way things turn out I know it will be a good weekend.

I can look back at many memories on this training cycle, some good some not so good. Morning runs in 15 degrees and snowing, fresh snow spoiling track workouts, making a few new friends on long runs, dragging my ass home on two long runs which ended horribly, surprising myself at the Frostbite Five Miler. Lets hope all these things add up to a memorable climax. The race report will be next.

No comments: