Thursday, May 14, 2009

It was more easy miles last night in Wissahickon Park. I threw in some trails but tried to hold back and relax as much as I could as I bounced around. I ended up at Lincoln Drive and hopped on Forbidden for the trip back home. About 9.5 miles in 1:26.

My work location has temporarily switched (until September) from Springhouse out to Malvern PA. This adds 15 minute to my commute but should make for great experience. There is a group of guys that runs at lunch 3-4 days a week out here and I joined them for a several miles today. For the most part the run consisted of lightly travelled roads and some trails. They were also discussing some heavy hills that we avoided today. 5.5 miles 50 minutes.

I had some mild pain in my hip after my run last night and then again this morning. It felt decent during the run today but has now tightened up again. Pain in this area is a first for me and it seems odd because I have been running easy miles the past several days. Maybe that is culprit? Overall my mileage is down a good bit from it's peak before the marathon and I wouldn't expect something like this to crop up. I have run 44 miles in the past week but still that doesn't seem over the top.

I'll have a break over the next week. Heather and I are headed to Key West tomorrow night and don't return until Sunday May 24th. It is going to be a well deserved break after a long winter of working, school and marathon training. I making a promise to myself to run at least 3 times while I'm down there. Do you think it will really happen?

1 comment:

Jah said...

Hey Johnny, great to hear you're running at lunch. My favorite past time these days. 44 miles a week now? What was your peak during marathon training you crazy man?!?

Anyway, best of luck with the baby coming soon. Email or call if you guys ever have any questions!