Sunday, September 27, 2009

8 Miles on Forbidden Drive this afternoon. The weather was cool but extremely humid. I am really looking forward to the cool dry days in the fall.

It's nice not to be training and following some damn plan. At the start it was an easy run, in the middle I got the pace into the 7 flat range and in the end, headed up Rex, I took my time. The park is beginning to empty out with the deteriorating weather. There will be a big bump in when the fall foliage hits and then I'll have most of the place to myself, especially on the trails on weekday evenings.

I've thought about running with a head lamp when the days shorten. It would enable me to run in the park at least once in a while in the mornings or evenings during late fall and winter. The idea unnerves me and excites me at the same time. The thought of hitting those trails with a shaky narrow beam of light leading the way sounds cool. I do worry about injury and the chance of running into some idiots that are up to no good. I've kicked it around the last couple of years. Maybe this time I'll pick one up.

2 comments:

ryandavid said...

Congratulations on the recent addition John. I caught you toward the end of PDR, way to go. I'm planning on doing the headlamp thing for morning trail runs. You'll give those hooligans a good chase, no worries.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!