Sunday, September 06, 2009

I am playing catch up on the week I lost in training. I felt that breaking 83 in the half-marathon was on the edge of my fitness. I had a very solid 6 weeks of training and if I can stay consistent over the last couple weeks I still have a shot. Of course I am not in total control of my running schedule any longer so I'll just have to take what I can get and make the most of it. Luckily we have the support of Heather's mom one more week so I can still get most of my runs in.

To catch up on my runs since my last post on August 25th.

A quick 3 miles in 21 minutes on Sunday Aug 29th. Heather was still in the hospital and I wanted to head straight there once I got up in the morning but Heather's mom said she was going for a walk and that I should get out there for a run. So I did. Beautiful morning and plenty on my mind to keep me busy.

Thursday - 3 miles with Boomer and then just under 4 miles on my own. I felt decent and picked up the pace on the trails. I ran a hard 1/2 mile in 5:55 pace once I got back on Forbidden drive and felt good. 6.8 miles in 53 minutes.

Friday - 6 easy miles on Forbidden Drive. Except for the middle two miles I didn't feel great. Once you get out of that running rhythm, even if only for a week, it takes a few days to wake your legs up and get them used to the miles. 49 minutes.

Saturday - I didn't have a ton of time but squeezed in 3 miles before dinner. I expected to feel tired again but had a nice spring in my step and let my body dictate the pace instead of my head. The summer is waning and the sun was lower in the sky, streaking through the trees and making for a scenic run.

I hope to get out for a long run today. 15+ miles. I am obviously not following my normal sleeping routine and I'm afraid it is really going to knock me out in the later miles. We'll see.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Great account of the labor and delivery in your previous post. Puts lbrr's to shame. I'm around next weekend if you're looking for one last PDR tuneup.