Saturday, May 31, 2008

May

Wrapping up the month of May with several, I know it is shocking, trail runs. One with Heather and a few by myself, all at a relatively easy pace. Looking over my log for the past month I realize that 7-10 mile runs are now the norm for me. In fact, I have to look way back to find anything under 5 miles. It's nice to just get out there for an hour and run. Luckily I've had the time to do that for all of May.

This afternoon I ran a little over 9 miles under always threatening and often raining skies. There were a few cracks of thunder and the air was thick with humidity. I was covered in sweat and drizzle by the end of the run. I split a 1/2 mile just before leaving the park and it came in at 6:35 pace. This was great, as it was at the end of a hilly 9 miles and I wasn't pushing to hard, it felt like marathon pace.

I was like a black hole for gnats this run. I found 16 dead guys on my face and chest when I got home. What fun. 70 minutes

For the month 177 miles which is a little over the average for the year and is beat only by February with 182 miles.

No comments: