Friday, May 23, 2008

Yesterday evening was the last race in the May, Wissahickon Trail Series put on by the Wissahickon Wanderers. I've really been enjoying these race and I am a little sad that they are over.

From the start I could tell I wasn't going to race as well as last week so I was content to sit behind the leader, who also wasn't having his best day. The course twisted and turned up and over big boulders and down sketchy sodden slopes. After about 1 mile I was passed by some guy who quickly went on to take the lead. We emerged into a field with horse corrals and made our way around back of the stables on the freshly cut grass. The leader was steadily pulling away and I was fading further into third place.

The second half of the course was more familiar to me and I finally felt like I settled into a decent pace. I moved into second place with a little under a mile to go but I wasn't pushing to hard and neither was the guy I had passed. A heavy rain started just before I finished in 33:02. I guess the course was about 4.5 miles. Afterwards we were rewarded with a double rainbow and a few cookies made by one the runners. Definitely a good night.

Heather, Lee and I after finishing last weeks race.






1 comment:

Kevin said...

I miss those races... Although I had trouble staying on the course.