Saturday, April 25, 2009

Just as it is every other spring, I am all about running the trails in the Wissahickon. I jumped back in there Thursday night on legs that were still shaky from Tuesday's workout. Regardless, I felt peppy and ran a fairly hard pace most of the way. I didn't log the run and my memory is a little hazy but I think it was a little shy of 70 minutes. The entire time I was running I knew it was going to hurt the following day but I had some great tunes on and it was the perfect evening for a trail run so I didn't hold back.

Friday I took very easy and stayed on Forbidden Drive running around 8:15 pace. Things were sore but loosened after got in a few miles. 56 minutes.

This morning I met VP Steve for another run in the park. We jumped on the trails right next to the golf course and bumped into a few guys from the Wissahickon Wanderers. It was nice to catch up with a couple of the guys I haven't seen in a while. The Wanderers are again hosting Thursday night trail races in the month of May and I hope to make it out for a few.

We stayed on the trails all the way down to Lincoln Drive, a couple of the Wanderers had dropped off and it was just Steve, Chris and I to make our way back up Forbidden Drive. It was warm and the hard running this week was catching up with me. Had Steve not been there I would have definitely taken a walking break on the way up Rex but that's what friends are, they can drag your ass up a hill without even knowing it. 85 minutes.

No comments: