Wednesday, April 08, 2009

There are few races on my calendar including the Run for Clean Air 5K on Apr 18th and the Broad Street 10 Miler on May 3rd. To race well I don't want to sit on my laurels for an extended period and let my fitness ebb further. Also, I am very energized to put in some more miles, if anything the marathon performance fired my interest in running. I find myself perusing more running websites, blogs and books, not things I normally do a few weeks after a marathon.

So last night I put in my first real workout in weeks. 8 miles with 3 x 1 miles at 6:00 pace or at least an attempt at 6:00 pace. I ran along Forbidden Drive for 2 miles and then picked it up for a mile in 6:06, 1/2 mile easy and then a second mile in 6:00, 1/2 mile easy and the third mile in 6:00. The intervals were hard but not ridiculous and overall I was happy with the workout. 8 miles in 57:30.

No comments: