Monday, January 24, 2011

I had an hour yesterday afternoon and I wanted to run hard so I headed out on a hilly loop to Carkeek Park that I knew would require a quick clip to get home in under 60 minutes. Lately I’ve started off my runs feeling slow and tight like I’m running 60 miles a week. I’ve felt this enough to know it will pass once I warm up and yesterday was no exception.

I ran a moderate pace for the first couple miles until I entered the park. Copious rain has made for muddy loose trails that require me to apply the brakes a little more than I’d like on sharp turns. I had a couple close calls but never went down. The route I took though the park had hills comparable to the worst that the Wissahickon can offer. I was having a blast tearing through the park fartlek style, too bad it isn’t a few time bigger.

I ran about as hard as I could over the last 2.5 miles and finished in 57 minutes. I don’t stop my watch at red lights so although I get a breather I have to make up for it when I get the green.

8.4 miles in 57 minutes.

No comments: