Saturday, January 22, 2011

I am sitting on the back porch trying to catch the few hours of sun that weather men promised and nature delivered. It really has been gloomy Many days struggle to get past dawn, or at least that is what the low sun angle and the deck of heavy gray clouds makes you think. I can't decide what is better, the nasty cold I see in Philly this winter or the lack of sun I get here with 5 of 7 days raining. The fact that I am sitting here in a t-shirt and not feeling cold, I think I'll take the rain.

The lack of blogging lately is not caused by a lack of working out. I've been better than average at getting out the door for a run or heading to the basement for crossfit body weight workout. I've continued to run with the Saturday morning group that I first joined in October and finally today there was a guy who could at least keep up steady sub 8 minute miles. I don't want to sound like a speed snob, lord knows there are a million guys out there that could run my ass into the ground but I am getting tired of slogging through 7 mile runs with this crew and not feeling like I really ran. If I want to run 7:30s I am going to be by myself. After another slow 7 mile run this morning I tacked on 3 around Green lake with a new guy and we quickly fell into a quicker pace that got me sweating but didn't stop from talking, right where I want to be. About 10 miles in about 85 minutes.

The faster guy promises he will be back and hopefully we can grab a few more over the winter and have a group that can push it other. We'll see.

No comments: