Thursday, January 27, 2011

The runs have just been piling up lately. Four last week and already three this week, not much distance but just hitting the roads on a regular basis makes me feel better. Throw in a couple crossfit workouts and I walk around feeling fit as a fiddle.

The hectic pace at work has slowed enough so that I can run once a week or so. Tuesday I made a loop of my corporate complex that included four all out efforts up a steep short hill. Walk back down the hill and rested a minute prep for the next round. Other than that an easy pace. About 4 miles. It's amazing how much I felt that short hill work in my legs the next two days.

Wednesday I had the evening to myself (Heather and Zach were at the in-laws) I just had no motivation to run. I forced myself out the door for at least 30 minutes and was glad I did. Headed down and across the Ballard locks to checkout some open lots that Heather and are looking at as possible home locations. The search has been ongoing for a few months, no luck yet but we'll keep plugging away. Easy pace the entire run maybe 4 miles in maybe 30 -some minutes.

And tonight I headed out on the Golden Gardens Loop that I've been using as a time trial. Didn't have the legs tonight and fell 20 seconds short of my 24:21 course record. I kind of knew that when I started and actually got much closer that I thought I would.

No comments: