Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The gray winter is really starting to grate on me but then you have a day like today, perfectly clear, the mountains the setting for a beautiful sunset and a picture perfect peak at Mt. Rainer while driving down I-5 just past 145st street. Things don't seem so bad. Even getting out on a short walk for lunch buoyed my spirits. Maybe these posts make me sound depressed but its not like that. You just need 15 days of uninterrupted clouds to really get and appreciation for the sun.

The day has lengthened to the point that if I get out the door quick enough after work I have 20 minutes of light to start my run. Ran a variation of the Phinney Loop. Heather had an awesome dinner in the works and I promised to be back in 40 minutes so at the 20 minute mark I cut the route a little short and headed back. Finished in 39:40. Thought the loop was 5 miles and was wondering why I had to work so hard for 8 minutes miles. Turns out it was 5.7 miles and 7 minute miles made much more sense.

No comments: