Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Another Warm Night

I haven't posted anything in a couple weeks and in my head I had pretty much decided to give up blogging after only a few posts. For some reason I feel like I have to write this thing for other people to read but really why should I give a shit. i should be writing it more for myself, a way to look back over my training and my life as the year progresses so I'll give it another shot.

Tuesday nights are a "Group Run" night with the Philly runners. It seems since the new year every Tuesday night a small group of us head off for 8 miles while the majority of the group does a 4.4 mile run. I am loving the longer runs for the not only the training benifit but the company. I really do enjoy running with other people and if you had to pick people to run with this group would definitely be a good choice. The 8 mile group varies from week to week but you can always count on varied conversation and a good run.

Talk was a little lighter than normal tonight. Ian, a regular on this run, and one that is very good at starting conversation was absent. Our group headed out with the regulars Anglo Mike, Chem Steve, and Jim. We had a couple others including and older runner who I met for the first time. His name escapes me but I was surprised to see him stick around with us for the longer run, turns out he has run a couple marathons a year since 1978. I am sure that he would have been able to run all of us into the ground. The run was easy at about 8:00 pace over Spring Garden, Zoological Drive, lansdowne, sweetbriar, belomnt, chamioux, strawbery mansion bridge and then back on the resevoir drives. 10 miles in all and every one felt great.

No comments: