Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Up and Down

I found out on last Thursdays run that the mapping tool, Gmap-Pedometer, I use to plan out my running routes through the city now has an elevation function. So when you are mapping out your route a small elevation chart pops up at the bottom of the screen. How cool!!. I live in a very hilly section of Philadelphia called Manayunk and this will allow me to see just how far up and down I am going when I hit those hills. See that link. http://tinyurl.com/cgemb.

These runs are very difficult but I really look forward to them. I pride myself on my ability to run hills and every time I do these routes I only get better at it. There are three very major hills on this route that make me want to cry by the time I reach the top and few smaller hills. I am always totally spent after these runs. I steamed a for a few minutes in the cold January air as I cooled down on my steps after the run. The 5.4 miles took 45 minutes so it wasn't the fastest run but the hills just knock all of the speed out of it. A few more runs like this before the Ugly Mudder and I should be in good shape for that run.

No comments: