Sunday, August 19, 2007

Week One Done

The lingering effects of a long run usually show up the following morning on my first few steps out of bed. This morning however, there were none of the usual aches. I obviously took this as a good sign. It's either because I haven't really gotten into the heart of training so the miles haven't had a chance to pile up and really have the effect or the slower pace yesterday made things easier on my body.

So with not so tired legs I set out in the rain this afternoon for 10 miles in the Wissahickon. I actually had to hold myself back at a few points and made sure I kept it easy. It was 65 degrees and the rain was fairly heavy. I got a little lost in my thoughts and the miles ticked off as I shook of the mental cobwebs from to many beers at a party last night. I passed Chris, the fastest guy in our a little running club, he was cruising in the other direction at a pace that would have left me panting. 10 miles in 64 minutes.

For the week 55.2 miles in 5 runs and 1000M in the pool.

Except for a missed run on Friday I am very happy with the week. The important runs went very well and I am feeling good.

No comments: