Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I joined the Philly runners for a few mile last night. After a mile warm up I joined the group and we headed out on Kelly Drive. The pace was in the 7:30 range for the first couple but increased to about 7:00 as we passed the John Kelly Statue. I quickly realized that I was the only one to actually pass the statue and I was alone for the remainder of the run. I went out past the normal turnaround for 5.5 miles with the group. For the evening 6.5 miles in 47 minutes.

My foot was a little stiff to start but quickly got loose and I didn't really think about it the rest of the run. It also felt fine afterwards. I don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched but my foot seems back to normal. I was scared that this might be a long-term injury but I think it is just one of the normal aches and pains that come with running.

I registered for a class this fall that is on Tuesday night, 4:30 - 7:30. This means there will be no Tuesday night runs through the fall. In the past I have used the group runs for tempo but that won't be an option this year. I'll miss it.

No comments: