Sunday, December 16, 2007

Missing a Week

I am week behind on the blog and I guess it is time to catch up. I only made it to the three group runs this week for a whopping total of 20 miles. It's amazing how great each run feels when you are only doing a few week. If fitness is a bank account, I have been making little withdraws each week for these "feel good" runs on low mileage. I eventually have to put some miles back in the bank if I want to keep myself in close to the shape I am. However, along with the two runs were a 40 minute trip to the pool on Monday and hour in the gym today so it's a bit of a trade.

Tuesday - 5 mile group run in 35:00. As I said above, felt good. Started off around 7:20 pace and slowly increased things until the last mile which was somewhere around 6:20.

Thursday - Thursday Night. A quasi-group run that's had about 10-15 in and out members over the 2.5 years I have been with the Philly Runners. Always a little longer than Tuesday at 6-10 miles, usually a little faster overall but that can change based on the crowd, and always good conversation about topics all over the board. Ian, was a key part of the group that me other runners look forward to 8 miles in Fairmount Park each Thursday and this week was his last.

I think we sent him off in style with a fairly large group of about 9 people, and a nearly all out contest in the last mile down MLK, just as many Thursdays in the past have ended. A few beers and couple other Thursday Nighters at the bar afterwards capped things off nicely.

Saturday - The group loop around the drives with Gelman, Ian (yes this was the real last run... but it's just not the same as Thursday), and Craig. 7:20 for the first half and slowly increasing pace to about 6:30 for the second half. A brisk morning that started cold into the wind but warmed up when we had it at our backs. All told, 9 miles in 1:05.

And now a little bitching. I have been logging my runs in on the CoolRunning.com website since May of 2004. All those runs logged on an easy to use, searchable, graphable, website. This week, coolrunning has moved it's log onto the active.com website. Yes, the same site where you sign up for all of your races. It sucks. The functionality is just totality different from the old site and I have already run into problems on three occasions. I don't think I ever had a problem with the old log. I imagine they are just getting a few bugs worked out and it will run more smoothly in the future but I still don't like the setup. This leaves with an archived log that I most likely won't use anymore. I've switched over to Nike's free log. I checked it out in the past and almost made the move before but this Active.com switch has made it a much easier decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out runningahead.com for your logging needs. A lot of coolrunners have migrated to that site. There is a very easy to use importer for coolrunning logs.