Saturday, April 05, 2008

Friday night, for the fist time in a very long time, I went for a mountain bike ride in the Wissahickon. I am not sure if I went at all last year. I pulled out my bike and was scared that it was going to be in bad shape. But after adding some air to the tires, adjusting the brakes slightly, and cleaning up the cables I was to go. The gears weren't prefect but the bike is 7 years old and has been ridden a few 1000 miles, I can't complain.

It felt good to be back in the saddle I was soon tearing downhill, until I came to a series of roots and rocks, then things quickly slowed down. It seems my skills and my balls have both decreased greatly since my biking heyday about 5 years ago. After a couple miles and several hills I was feeling more confident and loving it. I biked the exact route I ran earlier in the week.

10 miles in 60 minutes. (yes those hills really slow you down on the bike)

Saturday - Easy 6 miles with Heather in quickly fading light. Felt decent 52 minutes


Sunday - I ran down the length of Forbidden Drive to join Ryan and Deirdre somewhere along the paved path between Lincoln Drive and Ridge avenue. It was raining lightly and cool but once I was moving I really enjoyed. Once I got to the paved portion of the path I waited for my running partners to appear but sadly they never did. Perhaps they were turned off by the ran. I eventually started heading back after a mile or so hopped across the creek to run 3-4 miles on some trails.

About 11 miles in 82 minutes.

1 comment:

ryandavid said...

Funny, we probably ran circles around each other!