Sunday, April 20, 2008

Reluctant Sunday

It took a little mental convincing to get out the door this morning. Going to bed Saturday night I thought a longish run would be perfect, but my legs were sore from the race in the morning and the idea of 10 miles up and down Forbidden Drive just wasn't appealing. I delayed with breakfast, a couple cups of coffee and some Sunday morning TV.

Around 10:30 I laced em up and headed out. I started off easy and after a couple miles my legs found there rhythm and I was fully enjoying the run. All of the foreboding thoughts from earlier had quickly evaporated in the 70 degree temps and full sun. In fact I had a real snap to my step and the miles kept coming in around 7:15 pace. It was one of those runs where you try to slow down but it feels great keeping the pace up so you just go with it.

In the last few miles I began to feel a little fatigue, especially heading up Rex but overall a great run. Just under 13 miles in 95 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.