Friday, September 05, 2008

Fall Migration

I ran later than usual last night to try and avoid the heat from what is hopefully the final hot gasp of summer. The run was mostly in the dark and therefore not in the Wissahickon but on the streets. From April through most of September nearly every one of my runs is in the Wissahickon Park, from October through March I avoid the spooky darkness of the park and opt for the less spooky darkness of my neighborhood.

By the time March rolls around I am tired of the lonely evening streets but last night I welcomed the change of scenery and the feel that comes with it. It was still warm and humid but bearable. I felt strong and steady running around the "Long" Chestnut Hill Loop. With the decreased mileage all of my runs have had this fresh, urgent feel. More of a spring in my step and smoothness to my stride.

8.5 miles in 62 minutes.

No comments: