Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

No huge or spectacular workouts this weekend. I kept things easy and enjoyed the weather.

Saturday was 4 mile run/walk with Boomer. We hopped around the Wissahickon on some trails and Forbidden Drive. Boomer maybe it a double by swimming in the creek, chasing a stick. I remained on dry land and kept clear of the shaking dog when he got out of the water.

Sunday was a very lazy day for me. Couldn't get motivated to do much other than watch the Phillies game and strum the guitar for most of the morning and afternoon. After the Phillies win I finally decided to jump on my bike. I took my normal route which involves getting up to Bells Mill and then the upper trails on the Forbidden Drive side of the park. This route maximizes speed and downhill runs as there isn't as much technical rocky terrain.

The good thing about a bike is that you can always slow down and take it easy but you are still getting somewhere . When running your only option is to walk and usually I don't see that as much of an option unless I am totally spent. After trail riding, the rest of the way home was at a leisurely pedal. About 1.5 hours.

Sunday afternoon I delayed my run until the day was at its hottest at about 3:00. Luckily the higher temps have not come with high humidity and although it was in the upper 80's the run wasn't to bad. A little over 5 miles in 40 minutes.

No comments: