Monday, September 08, 2008

Friday evening I ran 4-5 miles with Heather, all at an easy pace. In fact we walked the last mile home.

Saturday was rained out. I thought about a wet run but in the end went for a wet swim instead. 35 minutes and undetermined distance.

Sunday. I haven't been doing much specific training for the Philly Distance Run on Sept 21 st. I figured the least I could do was to put in some longish runs on the weekends. Over the past couple weeks I have run 75 minutes and 90 minutes. Yesterday my goal was 1:45 or about 14 miles. Instead of mapping the distance out I just struck of for Forbidden Drive and planned it was I went along to get home in 1:45.

I took Forbidden to the top of the park and kept going up the street and across Germantown Pike onto a road that parallels an extremely verdant golf course due to all the rain on Saturday. It was warm and sunny, enough to make the run uncomfortable but I was enjoying it. After 10 minutes I turned around and ran back to the park.

The remainder of the run was up and down on Forbidden Drive. I didn't measure my pace but I would guess somewhere in the 7:20 - 7:30 range. In the last few miles I really started to feel fatigued and had to keep pushing so the pace didn't drop. I saw Heather with a couple miles to go and she said I was looking a little pastey. (She mentioned this later in the day not when I saw her during the run.) I was feeling a little pastey too. I blame this more on the 6 beers I had the night before than the run itself.

No comments: