Sunday, October 12, 2008

I got 6 miles in with Heather on Thursday evening. All at a very easy pace with a nice stroll up Rex to finish things off. That hill has turned into a thing of dread for both Heather and I on many runs. Knowing you have half mile hill at at the finish when you aren't feeling to hot can make things tough. I try never to walk (at least when I am running by myself) but it still happens once in a while.

Saturday, I was a bit hungover from a long night of watching the Phillies and hanging out with some friends from work. I thought I had cleared my system by about 3:00 but the run told me otherwise. What's funny is that I didn't feel to bad until I stopped, then some slight nausea would sneak in and my headache would pop up. Of course the only solution was to keep moving and try to run over any hikers that got in my way. Unfortunately a couple kids got lost over the side on some narrow sections. Luckily there is water at the bottom and I think they were fine. 9+ miles in 71 minutes.

Sunday I was feeling much better and the weather was just perfect, not a cloud in the sky. I started the run with Heather and then off on my own after 4 miles. The fall foliage offered some sneak peaks and it looks like it might be a good year. After 5 miles on Forbidden Drive I hit the high trails. I kept the pace in the easy range and explored a few branches of the trails that I usually run by. I found a couple interesting little side jaunts but nothing to exciting. Around 11 miles in 87 minutes.

No comments: