Friday, October 24, 2008

I am many days behind on blogging but sadly there were only three runs in there.

Sunday - a longish run with Seebo and Deidre. Click over to Seebo's blog for a good recount of the run. I'll just say a beautiful fall morning, good company, and some very cooperative legs left me feeling great at the end of this run. I was even able to scrounge up enough loose change in my car to stop for a coffee on the way home. 14.3 miles in 1:56

Monday - No run. I would have liked to get out for a few to loosen up some tight legs but I spent most of the evening studying.

Tuesday - An easy loop around Chestnut Hill. In my mind I was going faster but when I measured things out, the 8+ pace told my mind what my legs already knew; I was hurting from a 5K and a 14+ miler over the weekend. I just haven't been putting in the mileage to bounce right back from that.

Wednesday - Late class and no run.

Thursday - A long loop around Chestnut Hill. Back to the same route I followed on many runs last fall/winter/spring. Feels good to be back. My calves were extremely tight for much of the run, enought to make me stop and stretch. Surprisingly they felt better as things progressed and I had a brisk pace going in the last few miles. 7.5 miles in 56 minutes.

I am offically making my seventh attempt to become a morning run. I figure this is kind of like quitting smoking. It might not work on the first several attempts but eventually it is bound to work. Right? I'll start right after the Phillies win the World Series. The 8:30 game times make it difficult to get out of the bed to run.

No comments: