Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The cold weather broke yesterday and by the time I got out for a run in the evening it was 50 degrees. Perfect running weather. The last few runs have found me fighting with my headphones trying to get the left ear to work. After tapping, smacking, bending and cursing I have been able to get things working again. These headphones have logged many miles with over the past three years and I am past due for a new pair.

I planned on a tempo run but during the 1.5 mile warm up I wasn't feeling to fast, I knew I was going to be pushing to get through this one. I tried to ease into the speed and after a mile I was feeling decent. That is until I hit the hill that is in the middle of my tempo stretch. It knocked the wind out of my sails and left me hanging on and yelling at myself to get in at least 30 minutes. Luckily a good song came on during the final stretch and was able to keep things going until that ended. The tempo portion was 4.9 miles in 32 minutes. Ugh! 6:30 pace, not very tempo in my book but I'm glad I was able to get it done. That time will get quicker as training progresses.

The total run was 10 miles in 71 minutes. Not the best run I've had lately but it's done.

This morning was even warmer and I took slow loop around Chestnut Hill in the drizzle and into a muted sunrise. 4.2 miles in 33 minutes.

No comments: