Wednesday, December 03, 2008

The Thanksgiving weekend and a busy work/school schedule has me way behind on blogging. Luckily it didn't interfere with my running.

I travelled to Nashville for Thanksgiving weekend and got in some great runs while I was down there.

A long run on Saturday that had me looping streets together and trying not to get lost. Luckily I found a road that went on for several miles and I stayed on that for an out and back that included several detours into sub-divisions to get the miles up. Mostly rolling hills and an easy pace. Towards the end I pushed it to tempo pace for some short bursts and also took advantage of some hill by charging up them on tired legs. It all made for a good workout. 15.8 miles in 1:59

That run was followed by and easy 8 on Sunday and an easy 5 on Monday. My legs were dead so I was content to plod along in the 8:00 pace range.

For the week I overshot my goal and ran 56 miles. For the month of November I got in 196 miles. The longest of the year, that is until we get through December I hope.

Tuesday was a DNR due to work, school, and sick wife that needed a little TLC in the evening.

This morning I got up extra early to squeeze in 10 miles. After a 1.5 mile warmup I pushed the pace to what I thought the marathon would be. This was all done by feel so I have no idea if I was accurate but it felt right. Maybe in the 6:45-6:50 range. I took the long loop around Chesnut Hill, this only gets me 8.5 so I had to tack on some extra miles at the end by runing up and down a few blocks. 10.3 miles in 1:14.

No comments: