Sunday, August 16, 2009

Overall it's been a great summer for running but the past few weeks have been pretty brutal. Friday night I ran 3+ miles with Boomer in the Wissahickon. We were a half mile from home and Boomer decided he didn't want to run anymore so we walked it in with him dragging behind me. That was two runs in a row for Boomer and the picture below is what he did for the rest of the weekend.



Saturday I met Seebo at the AM for long run out to the Three Bears and back through West Fairmount Park. The sun was blazing at 7:45 and I was sweating from just walking up the hill to the AM, it was going to be a hot run. The pace was easy and the first several miles were enjoyable, catching up with Steve and not really thinking about the heat.

We hit the three bears and took them harder then we probably should have. By the time we got to City Ave I was beginning to feel cooked and wasn't looking forward to the 20 minutes of half marathon pace that we planned through the park. Seebo thought I would be pulling him through these fast miles but we switched roles and I was just trying to hang on in the heat. I called it quits at about 14 minutes and we took it in slow from there. 14.3 miles in 1:53. I needed a few minutes to sit in the shade and drank three bottles of water after the run. It knocked me out for the rest of the day.

I slept in this morning and delayed my run until the sun went down. A sweaty but easy 4+ miles around Chestnut Hill. I was surprisingly springy and really enjoyed the run. 33 minutes.

40 miles for the week.

1 comment:

seebo said...

Boomer looks like I did on Saturday afternoon.

BTW, I was close. 620,000 is official death toll figure for military dead in Civil War.