Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back to the crossfit style workouts now that the race is done. Tonight it was 20 burpees and a run around the block, 5 rounds. The trip around the block is just north of 400 meters I think.

I always forget how hard it is to do these workouts when I have skipped a couple months. First round was easy, the rest of the rounds hurt. As expected every round was slower than the last. The burpees were pathetic by the end of it my form was totally broken. It does feel good to get this one in the books. I still promise myself to get creative with these workouts in the backyard, especially now that the summer is nearly upon us.

On a weather update Seattle still routinely struggles to get out of the 50s and we only have one lone day over 70 so far this year. I do yearn for more warmth but the truth is these temps are perfect for a little sweaty italian like me. And the sleeping in spectacular. I am still under two blankets and a comforter. Even on rainy days the sun is out for a good bit and I now often get out in the afternoons for a brief walk for coffee or lunch at work. Also, My new job is great In fact, I like working here better than anywhere else to date. I hope it remains that way.

No comments: