Thursday, May 26, 2011

Quick loop from house down to the Ballard locks and back. The wind was blowing from the south which meant in my face on the way down the hill and at my back on the way back up. Just how I like it. I tried out a new pair of lightweight racers, aside hyper speed. Bought them because they were half off and I had images of effortless 6 minute miles.

Untimed and unmeasured but the run felt great.

Heather is due in less than two weeks. The reality off this is finally setting and in the back of my mind I am always expecting my phone to ring with Heather in labor. Our routine life is about to have an enormous wrench thrown into so the summer should be very interesting from a training standpoint. I at least now know what I am in for and the insanity will end.

1 comment:

Lee said...

What racers did you get? I opened a copy of TrailRunner and was slammed with all the ads of minimalist running shoes. Even an article on how to dip your feet in latex for a "$2 shoe". Congrats on the baby man. Sure you'll be looking forward to the restless nights.