Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The "Seattle's Best 15K" is only a couple weeks away and I feel under prepared. I have at least been putting in a 10+ miler on the weekends and probably have more hard efforts in the past couple weeks than I am remembering. There just has been no structured speedwork or even tempo runs during the week. Things have been more random. Hard uphill sprints on long hills, tempo pushes at the end of long runs. Stuff like that.

A highlight was a running commute home from my new job. It is a little over 6 miles, if I take the runner friendly route and only takes me 20 minute longer than the bus ride. It was pouring on me at the start but nearly sunny when I got home. This will definitely turn into a more routine thing once I get into the swing of things at my job.

This past Saturday I ran 12.5 miles with the group and finished the last 4 miles at 6:25 pace which included a 1+ mile uphill section. I was trying to finish in under 26 minutes and nailed it with a 25:30. So although my training hasn't been spectacular this does indicate that I should put up at least a halfway decent time.

No comments: