Saturday, May 28, 2011

I was able to knock ofwf work at 4:00 and have a leisurely run home. I was feeling slow even before the run started and didn't push the pace on the trip. I take the precaution of placing my wallet and phone in a ziploc bag and it has paid of more than not. Light showers for the second half of the run but that point I was plenty warm and the wind was at my back.

It's odd, these commuting runs really do feel like a commute and not just a normal run at any other time of the day. I wasn't even rushing home to some family plans, it just feels different. Unfortunately, there are only two options for a route home and one involves a very busy road so I always opt for the other. I think this will really get old but I have no choose unless I want to add 2-3 miles to the run.

My route does take me across the locks and today it was busy with boaters headed out to the sound for memorial day weekend. May off to some destination or perhaps just to cruise the many water ways in the area. So many pleasure boats, I was a bit jealous of the boats and some exciting plans for the weekend. I will be laying low with the family, getting yard work done and cleaning around the house. Nothing to exciting but there will definitely be some beers and some barbecue.

No comments: