Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fri - easy 6 with Heather in about 50 minutes.

Sat - I joined the Philly Runners group for a Saturday morning run for the first time in a long time and was presently surprised to see Ian in attendance, fresh off of his 2:42 PR in New York. Ian and I caught up for a few miles before he wisely decided to cut the run short of the 8.4 mile loop and head back after about 2.5 miles.

I continued on with a pack of 4 other Philly Runners. The pace at the start was about 7:05-7:10 and this continued to the top of the loop and across Falls Bridge. It felt very easy, like I could have gone all day and I decided to give marathon pace a whirl for the remaining 4 miles down Kelly Drive. I was shooting for 6:45 to 6:50 pace. First mile 6:38, second mile 6:42, third mile 6:50. I cut the 4th mile off at halfway in 3:20 to make a pit stop before wrapping things up. It felt good and the pace came easily, if anything I think I am going to have really concentrate to hold myself back in the first half of the marathon. That is a good situation to be.

9 miles in 1:02.

No comments: