Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sun - 6 easy miles with Heather in the Wissahickon. 48 minutes

Mon- 8 miles on Kelly Drive. I threw in 6 sets of strides and my legs felt good. 61 minutes

Tues - Off

Wed - I planned on running 12 miles with tempo but got started later than I wanted to and decided to push that longer workout to Thursday. I got a mile in and was really cruising along and feeling good. If I just pushed it a little more I'd be at tempo pace so I decided to mix 3-4 miles tempo into a shorter 6 mile run.

First mile 6:20. I began to struggle after the first mile and was getting pissed off about it until I got to the 1/2 mile split, 2:52. Hmm, no wonder why I am struggling. I took a short 30 second breather at a slow pace and than back up to tempo for a total of somewhere between 3.5 - 4 miles at around 6:15 pace.

As opposed to many tempo runs this fall I wasn't praying for it to be over, I kept pushing back the endpoint because I was feeling so good.
6.2 miles in 41 minutes.

In the past week my running has really taken a 180, my legs feel 100% better. This improvement coincides with a switch back to my normal running shoes, Asics Gel Nimbus, from those I've been wearing just over the last few moths, Saucony Grid Trigon. Can a pair of sneakers really make that much of a difference? Perhaps, or maybe it is all just in my head, either way I don't really care. I am just happy that things seem back on track and I am looking forward to the marathon.

No comments: