Friday, November 30, 2007

Mon - 6.5 easy miles with Heather in about 55 minutes. The weather was cool, calm... perfect

Tues- Off

Wed - A trip to the gym. I have to say that these trips to the gym just aren't that exciting. You are working out with 100 other people but somehow you are still totally by yourself. My plan is to get in, workout, stretch and get out in under 40 minutes. It has worked so far.

Thurs - A trip to Roxborough High School track. Lee has been hitting the track once a week and he sort of inspired me to get my ass out there again. I normally struggle on the track. I don't if it is that I try to run to fast or I just pick bad nights to go when I am not running at my best but I never look forward to go back. To hopefully avoid some of that I decided to run at a relatively reserved 6:00 minute pace for a 5 x 1000 workout with 200 recovery. This translates in to 3:45 per 1000m

And they went like this.

3:39, 3:40, 3:39, 3:40, 3:35.

A little fast than I was shooting for but I felt great, never struggling and fully recovered after the 200, I even cut down the recovery to 100m for the last repeat with an 80 second final lap. In fact the workout has me looking forward to going back. 8 miles total in 58 minutes

No comments: