Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This morning was my second tempo run of this training cycle and I set out on the same route I ran exactly two weeks ago. A 2 mile warm into the Wissahickon to the Valley Green Restaurant. After passing the restaurant I speed up to tempo pace for two miles more on Forbidden Drive, turn around and 2 tempo miles back then an easy 2 miles home.


This time around the run definitely wasn't as smooth. I was struggling to keep the pace between 6:10 and 6:15. My last time out here I was running 6:05-6:10. It doesn't sound like much but I was really pushing this morning, while last time it came easy. Instead of dwelling on it I just did what I could for this morning, that 4 miles at an average 6:13 pace. Glad to have my workout done for the day.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hey John, just catching up on your blog. I gave blood one fall in high school and basically ended my cross country season as a result. Apheresis is much more compatible with training, but there's a bigger time commitment.

Enjoy your new wheels!