Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A 10 mile run was on order for last night. I headed out as soon as I got home from work on along trip down Forbidden Drive. It was fairly cool but, of course, humid. My step was a little quicker than most of my runs as of late and I cruised along somewhere in the low 7's. I also threw in 10 x 30 sec strides throughout the run.

40 minutes into the run, the album I had been listening to by Calexico ended and I attempted to dial up a new song on my iPod. I don't know if your familiar with this but when your fingers are wet they will not work that little dial on the iPod. My fingers were soaked with sweat and so were clothes I had on, leaving me nowhere to dry my hands. I tried in frustration for a couple minutes to spin up a new album but it wouldn't work. I eventually just hit play again and repeated the album. Oh well, at least it was a good one.

10+ miles in 75 minutes. In the last three miles I had some pain under mile right heal, to the point where I wanted to adjust my stride. I iced when I got home and felt better.

This morning I went out for short run around Chestnut Hill wearing different running shoes from last night. I had some slight heal discomfort in the first few blocks but it quickly went away. I think it is nothing but I'll keep my eye on it and stay away from that pair of shoes. 4+ miles in 32 minutes.

No comments: