Sunday, June 29, 2008

Looking Back

I wrapped up the week with an easy 6 miles with Heather on Forbidden Drive. For some reason we refer to route as the "Bridge Loop" even though there are about 10 other bridges in the park. The 16 miles from yesterday seemed long forgotten by my legs and I was itching to pick up the pace. Heather obliged for a couple miles and then we settled into a more comfortable pace. 6 in 49 minutes.

I keep hoping this marathon build up will be similar to my training for Chicago in 2006. I decided to begin reading my blog from the July/Aug/Sep leading up to that race. I just finished reading most of September. This is not something I often do but it was great to get a window into my training and mind during that period. September of 2006 was a ridiculously good training month. One workout and race seemed to go better than the last and just from that short read I can see why I was felt so good during that marathon. It seems odd, but I was actually wowed by my own training for that time period.

I'll have to pull some pointers for my training this September. A fast finish long run, a couple tempos and a few races seemed to work really well.

No comments: