Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Early Morning

I took a planned day off on Monday because of the heat. Going to bed that evening I swore I was going to get up and run in the morning (the only time I have to run on Tuesday) and I couldn't get out of bed. The entire day I was angry with myself for not having the drive to get out of bed.

I made a pact with Heather on Tuesday night to wake up early with her to run this morning. Heather has to leave for work at 6:20, this meant getting up 4:50 to run. Not normally my cup of tea but once we got up, dressed and out the door I was happy for it.

The sky was brightening when we stepped of the porch for a 4+ miles loop around the hood. We saw a couple large downed trees from the storm overnight, I guess it had been fairly nasty but I didn't notice asleep in my bed.

After dropping Heather off I went back out for 6 more miles that included a trip into the Wissahickon and Forbidden Drive. Generally a quicker pace than I had run with Heather but never to fast. After couple days off I was really feeling good.

I got home and still had some time to spare before having to get ready for work, it made for a relaxing breakfast. I definitely can get used to that, now I just have to get used to waking up that early.

10+ miles in 1:23

No comments: