Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Summer

I could go on about how hot and humid today's long run was but it is just something you have to deal with when summer running in much of the country, so I'll keep it to myself. Warm temps, full sun, and misty very humid air all portend a horrible run, like the one from last summer but it was not so today.

I met Seebo and the full Philly Runner group in front of the AM at 8:00 this morning. It was my first appearance at the group run in months and there were a lot of unfamiliar faces. Seebo and I started with the group and ran a few miles before branching off on a loop that would bring us back to the AM after about 15 miles. I mapped out the route to hit a water fountain every 4-5 miles. Frequent stops to refill a bottle I nuzzled the entire run made things more than bareable.

I felt great all the way through the finish of the run. I am not so sure Seebo was feeling so great towards the end, achy legs, but we balanced each other out and most of the run came in a little over 8:00 pace. Nearly 16 miles in 2:08.

No comments: