Tuesday, June 03, 2008

For the first time since the Broad Street run in early May my run took me out of the Wissahickon Park and onto the road for an extended period. Things started in the park but after 2.5 miles I reached the top and just didn't feel like running trails. Instead of turning around I just kept going into Whitemarsh Township, through gold courses and across couple farms on a loop that dropped me back off at the corner of Northwestern and Germantown Avenue. From here it was long trip up the Germantown hill and home. Just over 7 miles in 54 minutes. From the map it looks like I should explore this area above the city a little more. There could be a few good long loops that are waiting to be run.

While I was out there my mind Wandered to marathon season in the Fall. I am again hoping that I get into the NYC marathon through the lottery. If not NYC then what? Maybe Steamtown.

No comments: