Thursday, June 26, 2008

Yesterday evening I made a trip into the Wissahickon Park and onto Forbidden Drive. The plan was 8 miles with 8 x 30 second strides at a little better than 5K effort. It was warm but not ridiculous and my pace hung under 7:30 when I wasn't hitting the strides. I felt good and focused on form during the repeats. With a couple miles to go my energy waned and I slowed things down. I was in no rush to finish.

There was filiming going on in the park as evidenced by trailers, cameras, a food spread, and people with headphones. I found out it was a commercial and as I made my way along the trail I saw where they were filming. They had a tall, fit, older looking man with slicked back salt and pepper hair. He was dressed as if he was a ring anouncer at a high end boxing match but with a deep green tux on instead of black. He was tightly gripping an antique looking microphone and giving a mean stare into the camera. It seemed very out of place in the park and your guess is as good as mine as to what the commercial was for. Maybe I'll see it on TV in the future. 8+ miles in 61 minutes.

This morning I surprised myself by hopping right out of bed when my alarm sounded at 4:50. Heather, Boomer and I ran a 4.3 mile loop around CH. The humidity had risen sharply overnight and although it was cool I was dripping after the short run. Heather stopped home with the dog to get ready for work and I went out for a few more to give me 7 miles in 58 minutes.

No comments: