Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Getting out of bed early to put on your shoes and run is difficult. Getting out of bed to sit down with a cup of coffee, browse the Internet for 15 minutes and then put on your shoes to run is just a little bit easier. At least that is my conclusion from the last two days.

This morning was nearly the twin of yesterday morning, 50 degrees, calm and overcast. I took a slightly longer loop around Chestnut Hill and saw some long lines at the polling sites. People were lined up at 6:30, a half hour before the polls opened.

I really felt good during this run and it showed as my average pace was 7:23, the quickest easy run I've had since mid-October. The nice thing about morning running is that you really can't go fast out of the gates because everything is a little stiff. It forces you to ease into the run. This one ended much faster than it started. 6.1 miles in exactly 45 minutes.

No comments: